Monday 1 February 2010

Radio 4 makes everywhere home

Some point before Christmas (this post started life on the 8th November, it was updated on the 19th, it is now a few hours until February. Ooops) I discovered that while iPlayer will not let me watch BBC television in Canada, it will let me listen to the radio. I never listened to Radio 4 at home but it is the ex-pat thing, it makes you more patriotic or at least more stereotypically [insert relevant nationality here].

Here are two quotes I particularly enjoyed.

David Mitchell on the News Quiz, BBC Radio 4: "what's annoying is the way that something gets more respect is to make it more like a religion. That people's essentially delusional beliefs in omnipotent beings is something you've really gotta respect and not sack them for but just an opinion based on science you can ignore."

"The middle classes have always shoplifted; surely no one actually buys Royal Doulton figurines" Sandi Toksvig also on the News Quiz (man I love it).

There are two ways I find out about what is happening at home: the Guardian.co.uk (usually at about 7:10 am, ten minutes before I need to get up, annoyingly I always spend at least 20 browsing... ...the style sections) and the News Quiz. Now for a cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment