Friday 14 May 2010

Hello? Promotion? Anyone? Hello?

No, no, it isn't me that needs promoting, it is an event. Quite a large event (for a small town) to which about 3,500 people may attend. It is Super Motocross Intérieur and it is coming to the RDL arena this weekend. However, it isn't hard to miss, seeing how bloody difficult it is to find out the basics: what is going on, when and where I can get tickets.

I now have a ticket thanks to serious Googling and a bit of guess work: I Googled the event, found a fax number, Googled that and came up with the name of a bar, went to the bar and asked if they sold tickets, they do. However, I'm still not really sure of what the format is and what time I ought to be there, whether I can leave for dinner or if I want to see the main event I must starve/eat skanky arena hotdogs (the hotdogs are skanky*, not the arena). 

I really would not be surprised if the venue is mostly empty. Which could really scupper my chances of running off with a hot biker guy. It'll probably just be the dads of the competitors... Maybe a few mums but judging on the limited photos I've found of similar events, the females are generally wearing not very much and holding up boards. We are not signposts damnit! Or umbrella stands! F1 I'm looking at you.

Why wouldn't you want to promote your event? Unless you don't want people there. In which case, don't hold it in an arena, hold it in a back garden. It isn't too fantastically difficult, you know a few posters with the key info (date, time, location, price, a telephone number/email that will actually get a response) go a long way towards making people decide to go to something. If it wasn't for the fact that my life is so lacking in motorsport right now, I'm not sure I'd've made all this effort. And now I need to decide what I'm gonna wear...

It will be a good weekend though. After an afternoon/evening of watching blokes on bikes (alliteration y'all. I'll be hoping for some broads on bikes too, of course) fly through the air** we have the Monaco GP on Sunday morning. I'm still missing Kimi pretty desperately. A whole aspect of my race enjoyment (namely shouting at the TV to try and make Kimi win/do okay) has gone. I can still appreciate good racing and a good race but it isn't as fun. Don't you dare suggest I try supporting Lewis. When anything goes wrong for Lewis I get a little bit of the joy I got from watching Kimi do well. Sorry.

*I'm basing this on my general hatred of hotdogs rather than personal experience of any from this venue. I should stop talking about hotdogs. It's making me feel a little nauseous. 

**I really do enjoy flying, be it on a plane, watching planes, watching people on bikes or just being thrown about a bit in swing. Most of my thought processes include swing and this blog should be representative of my thoughts.

I suddenly really want a chicken korma. I don't even like curry. Oh, chicken korma...

No comments:

Post a Comment